Welcome to my blog! I’m Peter and I am so glad you have landed here. Follow the links above or continue reading below to learn more about the Adventures of the Cajunlimeys!
I started this site in August 2021 to describe our adventures. I have described some of our backpacking expeditions and will add other adventures as time allows. I hope to document “in real-time” the fun things we do in the future.
With my lovely wife Janet and our children Bailey and Samuel, we are the Cajunlimeys. Read more about us here.
Latest Blog Posts:
- Coast to Coast Day 8: Orton to Kirkby StephenThe weather forecast was great for this 12-mile day, so it was really disappointing when Dean reluctantly decided he needed a rest day as he had severe toe pain. He was able to get a lift with an Australian couple who were staying at the same pub. Unfortunately, the next B&B did not open forContinue reading “Coast to Coast Day 8: Orton to Kirkby Stephen”
- Coast to Coast Day 7: Shap to OrtonToday was a refreshing change and a relatively short one at 7.8 miles in just less than 4 hours. Most importantly, the whole team was hiking together again! The walking was across moorland and relatively flat farmland on spongy grass, allowing the legs to recover from the Lakeland rocks. While we are still in Cumbria,Continue reading “Coast to Coast Day 7: Shap to Orton”
- Coast to Coast Day 6: Patterdale to Shap (Low Raise alternate)Today we completed just over 15 miles in just under 8.5 hours of walking. This was our final day in the Lake District and this blog will be a bit different from the others so far. First, I am seeing the real danger of all the days blurring together. Even though experiences might sound similarContinue reading “Coast to Coast Day 6: Patterdale to Shap (Low Raise alternate)”
- Coast to Coast Day 5: Grasmere to Patterdale[If you receive this by email, you might want to click the title above to read it in a browser, especially for the embedded videos which don’t display well in email. Today, I was lucky enough to get some drone footage so I have included a few short videos. Hope you enjoy!] Today we completedContinue reading “Coast to Coast Day 5: Grasmere to Patterdale”
- Coast to Coast Day 4: Rest day in GrasmereToday we completed 0 miles in 12 hours😎. It was a perfect day of relaxation with no alarm, breakfast at a leisurely 9:30, and a bit of gentle strolling. We stocked up on yummy snacks from hobnobs to Cadburys, with local sausage rolls for tomorrow’s lunch. We also had a fine visit to the chemistContinue reading “Coast to Coast Day 4: Rest day in Grasmere”
- Coast to Coast Day 3: Stonethwaite to GrasmereThe 8-mile distance of this leg disguises its challenges, illustrated by our taking 7.5 hours to complete it. It started with rain but fortunately that soon cleared up and intermittent blue sky brightened our ascent out of the Borrowdale valley. The recent rain swelled the rivers and filled the waterfalls. Bridges were rare so weContinue reading “Coast to Coast Day 3: Stonethwaite to Grasmere”
Contact Form – please drop us a line!
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.