Welcome to my blog! I’m Peter and I am so glad you have landed here. Follow the links above or continue reading below to learn more about the Adventures of the Cajunlimeys!
I started this site in August 2021 to describe our adventures. I have described some of our backpacking expeditions and will add other adventures as time allows. I hope to document “in real-time” the fun things we do in the future.
With my lovely wife Janet and our children Bailey and Samuel, we are the Cajunlimeys. Read more about us here.
Latest Blog Posts:
- Moonrise and a Bonus Storm!
- Sunset and MoonriseTomorrow night is a full moon, so tonight was a warm up with Drone and Lightroom. We will see what tomorrow brings!
- Scanning Scrapbooks (and more)Before everything went digital, Janet used to create inspiring scrapbooks of our adventures. They sit on the shelf, occasionally brought out for some fantastic memories, but there remains the nagging concern that they are not “backed up.” While a digital copy cannot do them justice, I’ve just finished scanning the scrapbooks so this post isContinue reading “Scanning Scrapbooks (and more)”
- How I Shot the Sunrise With My DroneThis is a quick description of how I shot the sunrise photos I posted separately. Most of the work is done by a DJI Mini 2 drone and in Adobe’s Lightroom software, both of which I am quite new to. This was my second attempt to take sunrise photos from our house. I’d had aContinue reading “How I Shot the Sunrise With My Drone”
- Sunrise Over Downtown HoustonWaking up this morning before dawn to catch the sunrise, my first thought went to Louisiana as Hurricane Ida bears down on them. My photo feed yesterday brought back memories of Harvey, and there are many comparisons between Ida and Katrina which made landfall 16 years ago in the same week. I prayed for safetyContinue reading “Sunrise Over Downtown Houston”
- Samuel’s Scouting JourneyThis post is about Samuel’s 3-4 years spent in scouts. Hopefully you will like the photos and stories, and get an appreciation of what scouts is about and what it takes to advance. It all started in January 2016 with our first campout at Alligator Creek with Troop 13 which was affiliated with Samuel’s school.Continue reading “Samuel’s Scouting Journey”
Contact Form – please drop us a line!
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.